Mark your calendars for the Michigan Moodle Moot on January 10, 2013 at Clinton County RESA and St. Johns, Michigan. This event is supported by the REMC Association of Michigan, the REMC Instructional Technology Specialists (RITS), and MACUL.
The purpose of this event is to bring educators together from K-12 and higher ed, to model how to use Moodle to blend instruction and support teaching and learning. The planning committee is looking for the best presenters from around the region to present and thought you or someone you know would like to submit a proposal to present. Please complete this Google form https://bit.ly/michmoodlemoot to apply to present.
There will be three strands:
• Instructional Design and Practice – classroom applications, using Moodle features to support teaching and learning
• Moodle Administration – technical support for a Moodle site, exploring how to install add-ons and features
• Leadership – online learning policies, regional and district decisions, mobile device issues/options
The deadline to apply to preset is Friday, Nov. 2, 2012.
Presentation will be 60 minutes and may be presentation format, hands-on format, or a combination. Proposal will be reviewed by the planning committee with notifications sent no later than November 9, 2012. Presenters will receive complimentary registration.
The Michigan Moodle Moot planning committee appreciates your help in applying to present or passing along this invitation to others. If you have questions feel free to contact one of those listed below.
FYI: registration will soon be open at: https://mimoodlemoot.org (if it’s not operational yet – use www.remc.org/about/michigan-moodle-moot/)
Registration is a bargain at only $25 for the day and includes a license for TechSmith’s SnagIt software. Feel free to share information about the Michigan Moodle Moot with others.
Michigan Moodle Moot Planning Committee
• Anupam Chugh – Wayne RESA/REMC 20
• Valerie Coffey – Shiawassee Regional ESD/REMC14 West
• Kristin Day – St Clair County RESA/REMC 18 North
• Sheila Dunham – MACUL/REMC PD Coordinator
• Kay Hauck – Clare-Gladwin RESD/REMC 5
• Andy Mann – Muskegon Area ISD/REMC 4
• Sue Schwartz – REMC Exec Director
• Anne Thorp – Ottawa Area ISD/REMC 7
• Melissa White – Ingham ISD/REMC13