District Server Updated

I just finished updating the District server.  We actually moved the district website over to a new 64bit Ubuntu Box.  In the process I found that the Joomla Akeeba Backup plugin WORKS AMAZINGLY!  I backed up the complete site on the old server and moved a single file over to the new server where I decompressed it and ran the simple installation steps.  It worked very smoothly.  It saved me so much time I also changed the sites theme and I am working on added some new features.  I am mainly focusing on the new calendars for each of our 30 some schools and how to best integrate them with the rest of our websites.  I should have things wrapped up right after the holiday weekend.

Check out  Dearborn Public Schools

Leave a Comment

Skip to toolbar